Wednesday, February 9, 2011

distant sun, silver moon ... this day

Often we get caught up in what we are doing. We have to think about what we need to do next; pay the bills, go to the shops, get the kids ready for something. Then when we stop and relax, we reflect back on the things that have happened that day, or about moments in our past.
What is rarer and more beautiful is when our minds are neither in the future or the past - when we are in the present, in the "now". Times when we think of nothing and gaze out at what is there right now - living in the moment, emptying our minds of cares and passions to enjoy a sunset, or listen to the rustle of the leaves in a tree, to see the dappled light of the full moon shifting shadows across the ground, staring into our children's eyes and seeing into infinity.
I designed this collection around my feelings in those moments of a day when we are eternal.






































































7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...I am sitting here drooling all over my keyboard. The jewelry is fabulous as are the pictures! I would say nature definitely inspires you :-).

Anonymous said...

Oh....*sigh* Just glorious, Michele, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! (I would like one of each, please.)

When will you be listing them in your store??

Heather King said...

Love, Love, LOVE!!!!!! Beautiful!!! Actually I can't even think of a word to describe how amazing these are...*speechless* I sent you a convo on etsy :)

SpiralStone said...

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, they really mean so much to me.

Ash, I'm hoping to list them tomorrow evening (Friday night here in Sydney).

Michele x

Anonymous said...

Ooh, goodie...can't wait!


Are they there yet...?


Are they there yet...?


Are they there yet.................?

Martha said...

Is that a cuff with the tree on it? Looks like it would go beautifully with the ring I already have from you with a tree (that I think is really a placenta ;-]).

Any chance it might come by again?

Janet x

SpiralStone said...

It is a cuff with a tree on it ... a perfect match for your placenta ring :) I may make something similar in the future, I'll let you know if I do. Michele x