Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ocean Moon

When I asked my daughter what she wanted to do for her birthday, part of her answer involved sparklers on the beach at night. It just so happened it was a full moon that night, rising over the ocean.


I love this photo of the moon rising over the ocean. The photo has transformed the waves to appear like a misty cauldron. It has an ethereal and other worldly quality, and is a reminder to me of the magical special event of her birth.
I felt inspired being on the beach at night; there is such a different quality about the ocean. The moon rising through the clouds lighting the sea glittering silver over an endless expanse of black inspired me to make a ring of this enchanted night.




I’ve also been working on some jewellery that I’m close to finishing but our landlord has thrown a spanner in the works and decided to auction the little cottage we’re living in :(.  To avoid the next four weeks of "open homes" we quickly found another place to live, and we’re moving on Thursday!  So it will be a few weeks before I have photos of my next collection.
Off to list the Ocean Moon ring on Etsy now.

6 comments:

Heather King said...

That ring is so beautiful!!! I love the photos too :) I bet your daughetr had an amazing time on the beach for her birthday. What an awesome mom you are! So sorry to hear about your cottage :( I hope that you love your new place and settle in quickly. Happy Birthday to your daughter and many hugs to you!

littlecherryhill said...

What a lovely way to spend a birthday! I'll have to keep that in mind for myself one day :) I love the detailing you put on the back of this ring. Hope you go well with the move!

mywifesstudio said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! The ring is amazing!! I hope your move is an easy one.

Anonymous said...

Morning chica,

Seeing your ring first thing this morning has just made my day (especially as I woke up ready to strangle the neighbor's barking dogs)! It is just glorious, as always...and that photo of the moon and the expression of that moment for you...*sigh*...beautiful.

I am sending lots of good vibes for this move. I am one of those horrid friends who loathes moving of any kind (and believe that if people TRULY love me, they wouldn't ask me to help them move *ha*)...BUT, I'm an awesome snack provider. So if I were there, I'd be plying you with lots and lots of snacks, and cheering you all on as you lugged all the heavy stuff. (I'd even mop brows if needed.)

I can't wait until we're lighting sparklers on the beach...and there will be lots and lots of s'mores!

xxx

Anonymous said...

The ring is fabulous and I love the new look of your blog. Happy Birthday to your daughter and what a beautiful way to spend part of her day.

Feri said...

Ahhhhhhhh Michele!!! First let me say, Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter and second I am SO sorry you have to move!!! I dread moving so much as we had to move three times within the last 2 years!!!
And last but not least, What a gorgeous ring as always!!! can't wait to see your new art work, I will be all Ahing and Oohing over them as always:)xoxoFeri